Not all contractors have the same skill sets and experience. The handy man that fixed your screen door may not be the best candidate to construct an addition on your home. We recommend that you do your research on the company or companies that you want to work with, before you start talking details or pricing.
The handy man will most likely have a much different pricing scale compared to a reputable company with more over heads, qualified employees, and enough cash flow to see the job through to its completion. Do your research and weed out the unqualified company’s/people before you start talking details or price. This will eliminate the temptation to take their more attractive lower bid, when it’s obvious from the quantity of photos on their web site, and the depth of their reference list, that they are not experienced enough. If it seems to good to be true, there’s often a catch.
The following is a list of licenses and attributes that set our company apart from others. Always call insurance providers directly to ensure that the premiums have been paid, and check the secretary of state web site to ensure that all licenses are in place as they have been described. This is a great way to weed out contractors that tend to ‘stretch’ the truth and can sometimes indicate that a contractor has a cash flow problem or that they have been in and out of business due to money management problems.
- State licensed contractor Lic. #RBQA003137 (www.sos.ga.gov)
- State licensed Lead based paint contractor #NAT -80469-1
- Workers compensation insurance – McGriff Insurance Services – (770) 536-3311
- Liability Insurance – McGriff Insurance Services – (770) 536-3311
- Business license – Forsyth County – (770) 781-2115
- Incorporated company continuously in business since 6/10/1998 (www.sos.ga.gov)
- Members of the (BBB Better Business Bureau) Zero complaints against our company and active member since 2004 (BBB.ORG)
- Active members of NARI (National Association of the Remodeling industry) (NARI.ORG)
- Company owner David McDonald is a state licesnsed contractor and holds a CR accreditation (Certified remodeler) through the NARI association.
- Find reviews about our company on Nextdoor.com
- Find reviews about our company at Angieslist.com
- Find reviews about our company at Houzz.com
- Employment back ground checks on our employees and subcontractors
- We give a 2 year written warranty on workmanship